Keeping You Safe!
We have been using the most stringent sterilization protocols in our office for many decades, and have been following every recommendation by the ADA and CDC. And now we are incorporating additional sanitizing and protective measures to ensure your safety!
So, what are we doing to keep you safe while you are in our care?
- We will be screening and temperature scanning all patients and team members upon entry into the office.
- We will be practicing social distancing between patients and staff. We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. We ask that if you have a companion, they wait outside the office for the duration of your visit. An exception to this would be made for parents of small children.
- The front office team will also be wearing masks and will have plexi-glass partitions at their check-in and check-out counters.
- The clinical team will be donning additional gear (kN95 masks, face shields, disposable or freshly sanitized gowns) to ensure your safety as well as theirs.
- We will be having patients use a hydrogen peroxide pre-rinse that kills viruses and bacteria present in your mouth for up to 2 hours.
- All touchable areas (countertops, door handles, pens, toilets/sinks) will be wiped down and cleaned on a regular schedule with EPA approved disinfectants that are especially effective at killing viruses. We are also adding an additional step in sanitizing our operatories with the use of a hypochlorous acid fogger, which kills any airborne viruses as well as disinfects all equipment, countertops and floors.
- Every instrument goes through a detailed sterilization process of rinsing, ultrasonic scrubbing, and heat sterilization.
- You will also notice in the operatories there will be two additional pieces of equipment: a medical grade air purification system (Jade unit by Surgically Clean Air) and an advanced high-volume extra-oral suction unit (PAX 2000).
If you had an appointment scheduled during our closure, we will be reaching out to you to get your appointment rescheduled. If you have a question about an upcoming appointment, please contact us. We look forward to seeing you again in the practice!
Welcome Back ❤
Jay M. Azling, D.D.S. & Associates